Friday, May 28, 2010

List

I have been struggling with what to say first. So much has happened in the past year, and even though I know that I don't need to recap it all, I feel that some things are important to know about me, since they are so much of who I am. Maybe it would be best to make a list? Yes, this will make it very simple without too much explaining. Wow, I sound like a Virgo...making lists. But like my Aquarius self, in no particular order...just flowing (or flying)like the free spirit I am.

I am:
~Mother - to two boys ages 6 (Milo) and 3 (Felix)
~Doula - for over four years, in all settings
~Musician - since I can remember (writing songs since I was 12)
~Lesbian - This is the biggest thing that has fully surfaced in the past year. Thus creating huge change.
~Divorcing - after an 8 year relationship. He is very supportive of me being who I am (I don't think he was too surprised). We have a good friendship and both love our kids very much. All good things.
~Partner - to Michelle. The loving, supportive, and caring woman in my life. She has helped me through much of the change in the past year and makes it possible for me to pursue my passion of birth work full time.
~Crafty - I love to sew, knit, draw, paint, make pottery, create in general
~Active - I love to bike, hike, camp, swim, garden, play, laugh, be silly
~A lover of all things natural - Being outside fills me with so much joy. I'm really into sustainability, supporting local, growing my own veggie garden, alternative health care and birth options...

Okay, I'm tired of the list. I think that starts us off with some good ground work. You know the very basics (if this blog is all you know of me) and each point can be expounded upon as I continue this blogging process. Sending you all love, as I am done for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment